Our Rugby Academy, with links to professional rugby union team Newcastle Falcons, is one of the best in the area.
Currently the only North East college playing in the AoC National Premier League, our Academy faces Premiership and Championship sides, giving our players the opportunity to test themselves against some of the country’s best opposition.
Our Academy also has a proud record of success at the AoC National 7’s Championships, regularly placing in the Top 5, and winning a Gold Medal.
Players receive daily training sessions from highly qualified and experienced coaches to give them a ‘professional’ experience, including skills/drills, decision making, positional/unit specific sessions, team attack/defence, strength & conditioning, performance analysis, fitness testing, and recovery and rehabilitation.
We ensure all players develop their game with us and have the opportunity to showcase their skills at club, county, academy and national levels.
If you are a talented athlete and represent your sport regionally and/or nationally in an individual sport join the growing list of students who we have supported in achieving regional and national success.
What will I receive?
For players who are at a county standard or above, Scholarships are available that include:
- Position specific Strength & Conditioning coaching
- Detailed Performance Analysis
- Regular fitness testing
- Personal Sports Psychology support
- Personal Nutritional advice/plans
- 1:1 skill development
- Free access to sports therapy & MSK Screening
- £100.00 Nike Leisurewear kit bundle
- PlayerTek GPS vests and data
- Access to our brand new, state-of-the-art Strength & Conditioning facility and Sports Science laboratory